Here at EcovisDCA, we are as always aiming to help Irish SMEs flourish. The current emergency has been a troubling time for all business owners, with SMEs being some of the most vulnerable by nature. We are committed to providing you with all the information available which could assist your business in flourishing in the face of this new adversity.
The Restart Grant Plus scheme offers a grant to businesses in order to help them to reopen their premises and return to work following the Covid-19 crisis. The grants available range is from €4,000 to a maximum of €25,000. The scheme has been increased from a previous minimum of €2,000 and a maximum of €10,000.
The Restart Grant scheme will be based on the rates assessment for the business for the 2019 year and is primarily available to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) as well as independent hotels. The scheme is now also available to sectors such as sports businesses, charity shops, restaurants, pubs, activity centres, and tourist attractions.
If your company has utilised this scheme previously, you may still be eligible to apply for a second payment, this second payment will only reach a total combined value of the new maximum value. In the event that your company was unable to access funding from the scheme but now qualifies, you will be entitled to make a new application.
The requirements for accessing this grant are that the company must have:
- Between 0 – 250 employees.
- Eligible firms now include medium-sized firms and independent hotels with up to 250 employees, as well as small firms (increased from 50 employees).
- A turnover of less than €100,000 per employee up to a maximum of €25million.
- Operating from a premises that is commercially rateable by a local authority.
- A reduced level of turnover of 25% as a result of the Covid-19.
- Committed to a reopening plan and remain committed to sustaining employment levels.
- Intention to retain employees that are on the temporary wage subsidy scheme.
B&Bs in non-rated premises will be eligible to apply for the minimum €4,000 grant from Fáilte Ireland.
A franchisee which is a financially independent company and is completely separate to the franchisor is eligible to apply.
Multinationals are not eligible. Small Irish based subsidiaries with overseas parent companies are not eligible.
The aim is that applications will be processed, and an answer received within two weeks of application. Applications can be made through your local authority website.
As always, we here at EcovisDCA are here for you. Should you require any assistance or guidance on any business or financial matters, please do not hesitate to contact us.