https://www.ecovisdca.ie/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/ecovis-landlord.jpg 450 1000 ecovis_adm1n_17 https://www.ecovisdca.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo_ecovis_dca-limited-300x79.png ecovis_adm1n_172023-06-13 10:21:122023-06-13 10:21:12New Non-Resident Landlord With-holding Tax (NLWT)
The Revenue Commissioners are currently contacting Non-resident landlords about the new Non-Resident Landlord With-holding Tax (NLWT) that is being introduced with effect from 1 July 2023.
- Collection Agents appointed to deducted withholding tax @ 20% from rents and remit to revenue via new withholding tax platform.
- Where tenants pay rents directly to a non-resident landlord they will be required to withhold and remit 20% tax via the new withholding tax platform
- The non-resident landlord is required to file their own income tax return.
- The Collection Agents is no longer responsible for submitting a return on behalf of the non-resident individual.
- Non-resident landlord will be required to confirm the following to the Collection Agent/Tenant
- confirm their non-resident status.
- Their tax reference number
- LPT property ID